Tuesday, December 20, 2016

46. Lights and Vessels

Don't know where I was in elementary school, but I just got my first lesson in how electricity works.
I recently ordered a Dessert Bullet because it looked really cool and was also quite cheap! I counted down for it to arrive to NY and then to Moscow, and when it finally did, I excitedly took my simple adapter that I use for little things around the house, and plugged it in.
I pressed the button once and heard a noise- it works!

So I quickly put in my frozen fruits and flavors and pushed again..
But this time nothing!
The fuse blew and I realized that my new dessertbullet was fried. Gone.

It took me a while to understand what that means, but my dear uncle patiently explained to me that just using a different plug didn't change anything.
I needed to use a large converter, that actually transforms the voltage.
I was taking an American device that can only accept 120 volts and giving it a powerful European 240!
That's way too much light for it to handle, and so it naturally just burst!
Or in other words-
Too many "oros" for the "keilim" = shviras hakeilim.
No going back.

If I would want to prevent that, I'd need to use a converter which would transform and condense the light in a way that it can now fit in the small vessel.

I finally got what the Rebbe meant when He said that we need to spread the message of Moshiach in a way of "great lights", but that can fit in "small vessels".

That when we're talking about lighter subjects, it's possible to use just a simple adapter, and the message is accepted.
But with such a powerful topic like Moshiach, just translating the message to another language doesn't help.
On the contrary, it can even turn the person "off" and make it really hard for them to accept the idea later, no matter how it's given!
To prevent that, we need to take the full original message, but then really transform it, convert it, and cater it to the specific audience in front of us, so that it can be fully received, appreciated, and enjoyed!

לע״נ ר׳ מנחם מאיר בן ר׳ חיים משה יהודה הכהן ע״ה

No comments:

Post a Comment