Tuesday, December 20, 2016

45. To be Desperately Desired


This morning I called a girl from our community to wish her Mazel tov and best wishes on her wedding day. 
Her wedding is in Florence tonight, but I wanted her to know that while I'm physically in Moscow, my heart and soul are fully with her! 

But as she spoke, I could hear how much she missed me and wished I was there with her! How upset she was that I didn't make it, what a difficult day it is for her, and how much she needed me to be by her side. 
My eyes welled up with tears as she told me about her 4 hour drive back and forth to Mikvah, how tired she was, and about all her emotions and concerns.

Immediately, I forgot any previous calculations of why I decided not to go, and within 5 minutes I had booked a ticket with a travel agent, packed my hand luggage, had my baby bundled, and had a car on the way to drive me to the air train.

A minute later though, we realized we had a problem. Our passports are at the embassy now and there was no way I could fly.

I understood it's Hashgacha protis and that I wasn't meant to go, but in that same moment, I realized something else. 

What changed from when I got the original invitation until now? 
Why didn't I let her book us tickets right away, and plan for the trip normally? 
Why did I suddenly feel such regret and intense desire to be there with her, when I knew about her wedding all along?

Because until that moment, I didn't realize how much she _really_ wanted and needed me to be there! That although she had other important guests, it was important to her for me to be there too.
I didn't realize that it wasn't just words or a nice invitation, but that it really made a difference.

And I realized what it would mean to Hashem if He saw that _our_ request for Moshiach wasn't just words or a nice invitation. 
What would happen if He saw that we _really_ wanted and needed Moshiach, that we _really_ cared, that it _really_ made a difference to us, today.
What He would do if He saw that we're not just understanding or forgiving of the delay, and that we can't just casually move on to Plan B..

There's no question that in that moment, He will instantly drop all calculations!

He will just stop, drop, and do everything in His power to reveal Himself with the complete Geulah now!
And with Hashem, nothing in the world could ever get in the way of making it reality!
His desire to fulfill our desire will materialize immediately! 

לע״נ ר׳ מנחם מאיר בן ר׳ חיים משה יהודה הכהן ע״ה

No comments:

Post a Comment